What is POTS?
Pots is a disorder of the autonomic nervous system that causes many physical issues. It is frequently brought on by a viral or bacterial infection, pregnancy, extreme emotional stress, etc.
It has a wide variety of symptoms, including:
- high or low blood pressure or both (more commonly low)
- chronic fatigue
- vision changes
- double vision
- decreased and increased sweating
- weight loss/malnutrition/slow or too fast digestive system (constipation/diarrhea)
- gastroparesis (digestive paralysis)
- hypoperfusion (lowered oxygen to brain/other tissues resulting in brain fog and other symptoms)
- sodium loss
Later, we will provide services specifically for people with POTS and other forms of dysautonomia.